Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year

Well... This year has not started off on the best of notes, but sadly it is off to a better start than last year!  Last year Derek didn't have a job as of January 1.  He had a contract job with the church and the job ended on the last day of the year... What a way to ring in 2014.  
This year on the last day of the year we had a pipe freeze in the bathroom.  It ended up causing damage in the bedroom and bathroom and we are having the ceiling replaced tomorrow.  
Derek is working another contract job but they extended his contract so luckily he has 3 more months of work ... Sadly he has 3 more months of work... But we will get through it... We always do... Even if it is at the expense of something else...

2014 was not a horrible year.  Every year with Gunner in our lives and family having and announcing babies is a good year!   We have had a good year considering family and the togetherness of our family.  

Looking forward... I have no idea what 2015 holds but I hope we have happiness and success.

As a New Year resolution this year I want to commit to being a better me.  I want to work on reading my scriptures every night, family prayer, and teaching Gunner the importance of praying to our Heavrnly Father and start him in the right direction of being spiritually strong.  My one wish for him is that he grows up strong spiritually and mentally.  That he is able to be a leader and have more faith than I do.  I hope Gunner knows how much his dad and I love him.  I hope that one day he will forgive us of our shortcomings and forgive us for being "new parents".  I fear with the first born it seems there is a lot of trial and error and sadly more error... 

I hope in 2015 Derek and I can make choices and decisions that will help our family grow in more ways than one,  We would love for Gunner to have a sibling and hope that this is the year for growth.  We hope that we will make smart decisions about our finances and hopefully move in a better direction.
.... Here's to hoping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment